Camp Daniel Boone – Canton, NC
2012 Camp Staff Applicants
Opportunities to serve Scouting as a member of a camp staff are available to outstanding applicants.
Competition for employment is keen; the jobs demanding; the experience exhilarating.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (if over 18), marital status, veteran status, or the presence of health problems or handicap that is unrelated to your ability to perform the job requested.
- Both new and returning staff are required to submit a complete Staff Application each year, in order to be considered for employment/service. New staff will be required to interview.
- The preferred minimum age required is 16. Candidates that are 15 years old may apply to be unpaid Counselors in Training, or they may be considered for a paid staff position. Candidates 14 years old can apply to serve only as a Counselor in Training and if selected will serve for 2 consecutive weeks (not Staff Week or week # 8). Boy Scouts of America standards require age 21 minimum for some positions as indicated in the Camp Positions listed on the application form.
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification is required of everyone, new or returning staff. Students 17 years old and under require a North Carolina Youth Employment Certificate work permit be filed online at www.nclabor.com, then signed by a parent/guardian and turned in when reporting for work.
- The target dates for Camp Daniel Boone employment are June 3, 2012 until July 28, 2012. ROTC week goes until August 4, 2012.
- Applicants must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America or agree to become registered before employment begins.
- The principles of the Scout Oath or Promise and Law must be practiced as a way of life.
- The staff is expected to set an example in Scouting, which includes the proper wearing of the Scout field uniform.
- Salary is based on position responsibility with consideration to the individual’s experience.
- References are important! Letters of recommendation are encouraged.
- Review the list of jobs in the various departments and indicate three preferences on the application. A brief resume of your experience for each of your choices is suggested.
- Mail your application in early. Opportunities for employment are better for those who apply prior to January 1.
- Mailing address:
||Camping Director, Camp Daniel Boone|
333 West Haywood Street
Asheville, NC 28801
||Phone (828) 254-6189|
FAX (828) 252-4818