Join our Camp Staff!
Camp Daniel Boone seeks approximately 120 staff members each summer. Staffers come from numerous states and Scout Councils. Roughly 65-70% of our staff return each summer. We pay a competitive salary and offer a great summer time work experience.
Competition for employment is keen; the jobs demanding; the experience exhilarating.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (if over 18), marital status, veteran status, or the presence of health problems or handicap that is unrelated to your ability to perform the job requested.
- Both new and returning staff are required to submit a complete Staff Application each year, in order to be considered for employment.
- The preferred minimum age required is 16. Candidates that are 15 years old may apply to be unpaid Counselors in Training.
- Boy Scouts of America standards require age 21 minimum for some positions as indicated in the Camp Positions listed on the application form.
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification is required of everyone, new or returning staff.
- Students 17 years old and under require a North Carolina Youth Employment Certificate work permit. The completed form must be signed by a parent/guardian and turned in when reporting for work. This is required even if you live out of state.
- The target dates for Camp Daniel Boone employment are June 4, 2023, to July 30, 2023. Select staff may be asked to stay until August 4, 2023.
- Applicants must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America or agree to become registered before employment begins.
- The principles of the Scout Oath or Promise and Law must be practiced as a way of life.
- The staff is expected to set an example in Scouting, which includes the proper wearing of the Scout field uniform.
- Salary is based on position responsibility with consideration to the individual’s experience.
- References are important! Letters of recommendation are encouraged.
- Review the list of jobs in the various departments and indicate three preferences on the application. A brief resume of your experience for each of your choices is suggested.
Phone (828) 254-6189 ext 127
FAX (828) 252-4818
Email Andrew Brewer or Melinda Kuehn